Scarn 16 After
Population – Between 40,00 and 60,000. Was about 500,000 people Before (a massive population by this world’s standards).
Politically Venir is currently broken into two primary regions and several independent communities. The smaller, Northern Princedom of Alfonz who controls six settlements and the much larger Southern Venir controlled by Emperor Derizian. It is unclear as to whether Prince Alfonz will become a vassal of the Emperor or whether he will attempt to separate out the North as its own Kingdom. Likewise, it is unclear whether Emperor Derizian will take control of the North (and if he does, it is unclear how he would do this). Southern Venir, historically, had legendary battle-mages. It is widely rumoured that Southern Venir is putting a great deal of resources into resurrecting this tradition.
Venir is a rolling-hill, tall grass prairie. It used to have predictable, mild weather and exceptionally fertile lands. Since the Divine War the weather has become much more unpredictable and violent, and much of the land was contaminated and/or strewn with rocks making agriculture much more difficult.
Most of the small hamlets and villages have been abandoned or destroyed in raids, so the population has fled to walled communities (only farming the areas close enough that they can get back to for nightfall).
The most important communities remaining in your area are:
- Urlisian – est. pop. 2,500 (was 40,000 Before). Capital of Prince Alfonz
- Twalik – est. pop. 1,800 (new settlement). Ruled by Prince Alfonz
- Alera – est. pop. 1,450 (was 7,000 Before). Includes 250 refugees from Furbelow Ruled by Prince Alfonz
- Furbelow – Former city of 8,000 reduced to 800 After the War. Attacked by Shadowspawn in the Spring of 16 After and reduced to ruin. Ruled by Prince Alfonz
- An’tawlik – est. pop. 800 (Was 10,000 Before). Ruled by Prince Alfonz
- Junction – est. pop. 50 (Was 250 Before). Ruled by Prince Alfonz
- Femulyea – est. pop. 2,000 (was 20,000 Before). Independent.
- Deriz – est. pop. 1,200 (Was 10,000 Before). Independent.
- Aurelia – est. pop. 650 (Was 8,000 Before). Emperor Derizian
- Tabula – est. pop. 150 (new settlement). Emperor Derizian
- Ash Road Settlement – est. pop. 200 (new settlement). Emperor Derizian
- Morian – est. pop. 3,300 (Was 55,000 Before). Ruled by Emperor Derizian
- Cadri – est. pop. 8,000 (Was 20,000 Before). Capital of Emperor Derizian
- Ashtabula – est. pop. 800 (was 8,600 Before). Ruled by Emperor Derizian
There are also several “Forts” which are old keeps turned to troop housing/deployment areas to help protect the area from Titanspawn raids. These forts also function as places where trade happens between Wu’jen who brave the Blood Steppes and folks who trade in the safer areas to the South.